Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 191 - Getting Promoted

I was scheduled to interview last Friday (15th) at a job I had applied for.  After much consideration, I called the CEO on Friday morning and told him I had decided to withdraw my application.  He seemed annoyed, which I can understand - I was scheduled to interview with the Board that day.  I called him at around 10ish.  I was called into my boss' office at 11:00ish and he had me close the door.  I was a little paranoid, I thought he knew about me applying for the job. 

Turns out I was freaking out about nothing - my boss offered me a PROMOTION!!  I told him I would think about it and get back to him on Monday (18th). 

So I decided to take the job. If I can structure this correctly and hit the ground running I should be able to get my work hours down to the 50-55 hours a week mark.  A promotion, raise and fewer hours - can't beat that!

1 comment: