Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 190 - January Goals Update

More than half of January is gone...here is our progress.
  1. Pay off Macy's, Dell and New York and Company Card.
    • Done - all have cleared except for Dell.
  2. Generate $300 of extra income.
    • Done - the Hubby has a side job that he works at 16 hours a month.  We got his paycheck and that put us over.  I also sold a few books on Amazon.
  3. Apply for community college teaching positions.
    • Almost done - I just need to type a cover letter and get a letter of reference.  I am hoping I can get this done this week.
  4. Study at least 10 hours a week for certification exam.
    • Have not started.  I have so busy at work...I know excuses, excuses.
  5. Run at least 3 times a week and select 1st half-marathon date.
    • The first half-marathon that I signed up for is in April.  I have not done any running though. 
  6. Clean out pantry and start "shopping" for canning jars and items for the garden.
    • Haven't started.
  7. Post at least once a week.
    • I have averaged at least one a week; however, I have not been consistently posting. 
  8. Stick to the budget.
    • We had some unexpected expenses this month. Our cat got sick, pre-paid cell phone costs, education, vehicle repairs.  I cashed out some of my PTO last paycheck and so we were able to get by. 


3 comments:

  1. What has your experience been like with selling books on Amazon? I have a huge bag of books I'd love to try and tell before I donate, and I'm not sure yet how I want to go about doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is super easy to do. I would recommend that you search the book you want to sell on Amazon and find out how much the used book is selling for. If you decide that it is worth your time then click on the "sell yours here" buttom and start listing away. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete